Set on 8733m2, this gorgeous Queenslander offers the relaxed living that Far North Queensland is known for. Situated so close to Cairns City and on such a large block – this is a rare find in an area where the average block size is around 700m2!
The home first started out as a low-set Managers Residence for Edwards Wreckers in Stratford and was partially dismantled and moved to its current home in 1986. The owners have decided it is time to pass on their beautiful home to the next owner to continue the care of this historical Queenslander.
Surrounded by established gardens that add to the privacy of the block, the home has all the features you would expect from a traditional Queenslander:
- Original casement windows and French doors
- Wide panelled Red Tulip oak floors
- Feature lead lighting accenting various doorways, the bathrooms, and lights
- Tongue and groove walls and ceilings
- 3 large bedrooms with high ceilings and breezeways above the doors, 2 have access to the deck and access to the sunroom, 1 bedroom has plantation style louvres opening out to the sunroom.
- 2 bathrooms upstairs, 1 under the home for easy access from the pool and garden plus a separate toilet with hand basin. 1 bathroom recently renovated features large shower, toilet, Chillagoe marble benchtop and double vanity a second bathroom features clawfoot bath and stained glass window/mirror feature
- Large central lounge with access to the deck and dining room
- Recently updated kitchen including stove with gas cooktop and dishwasher and heatproof splash backs
- Deck that wraps around 2 sides of the home and looks out to the pool includes all weather blinds
- Custom stainless-steel doors on 3 entry ways work in well with the traditional home
- Generous in-ground pebble-tex pool, extremely private with BBQ area under the gazebo
- Large indoor laundry
- Double carport and additional 2 car parking area at the top of the driveway
- Under the home is 2 lockable areas, 1 with work bench for the handy man
- Small, fenced area at the rear of the home is completely removeable to open up the yard
- The roof was re-screwed 3 years ago and gutters replaced
Rates are approximately $1348 paid half yearly
A building inspection and pest report is available on request.
There is potential to subdivide the block subject to council approval, Council approval was previously granted – but has now lapsed.
Access to the home is via 5 Benn Street – please follow the long bitumen driveway to the home, look out for cane trains at the crossing!
Do not miss your opportunity to be the next owner of this unique property. Contact me now for more information or make sure you come along to the Open Homes.
- Living Areas1
- Open Car Spaces2
- Building Area275m²
- Land Area8733m²